+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Really wanting to play again...

I do believe the unresolved issue with the Windows 10 Fall Creators update had something to do with the death of this game. Why didn't they fix it?!
    Eleniel - Evoker Lv 54 // Bolton Server
    [Hellburner] Guild // Guild Leader
    New to the adventure? Submit this Devilian code to receive "Silver Whiskers Mask & Elara’s Blessing": 6CQQCJRYLE6RRTKGG9N7

Quote Originally Posted by Trem View Post
    I do believe the unresolved issue with the Windows 10 Fall Creators update had something to do with the death of this game. Why didn't they fix it?!
    Bluehole would probably have to rewrite portions of the game client to deal with it. Their resources are now all tied up with PUBG, TERA console, TERA PC (new world/story content throughout 2018) and Ascent: Infinite Realm. There's also more I cannot say at this time except the following.

Devilian is currently in limbo but Bluehole also isn't going to throw the franchise away just yet. The Thai publisher said they will continue running the game so long as Bluehole licenses the game to them and they said nothing has changed in that area (and they've been running in maintenance mode since June 2016 with a very small player population). The business and licensing aspects have been moved to parent Bluehole after the Bluehole Ginno subsidiary was renamed to PUBG Corp.

PUBG Corp's new CEO (Chang Han Kim) is still Devilian's primary producer (he has had that role since 2009) but his main priority is dealing with PUBG. And they might be trying to shop it out to a potential buyer which would net Bluehole a huge amount of money. But that's about more than I can get into at this time.

Digressing, from Microsoft's perspective, fixing the specific issue on their end may not be high priority given the numbers (and not everyone may be submitting the crash info back to Microsoft). So it's just more bad luck when it comes to this title.

It takes several parties to tango and not everyone in this business partnership served this franchise well.

Quote Originally Posted by Murasama View Post
    Bluehole would probably have to rewrite portions of the game client to deal with it. Their resources are now all tied up with PUBG, TERA console, TERA PC (new world/story content throughout 2018) and Ascent: Infinite Realm. There's also more I cannot say at this time except the following.

Devilian is currently in limbo but Bluehole also isn't going to throw the franchise away just yet. The Thai publisher said they will continue running the game so long as Bluehole licenses the game to them and they said nothing has changed in that area (and they've been running in maintenance mode since June 2016 with a very small player population). The business and licensing aspects have been moved to parent Bluehole after the Bluehole Ginno subsidiary was renamed to PUBG Corp.

PUBG Corp's new CEO (Chang Han Kim) is still Devilian's primary producer (he has had that role since 2009) but his main priority is dealing with PUBG. And they might be trying to shop it out to a potential buyer which would net Bluehole a huge amount of money. But that's about more than I can get into at this time.

Digressing, from Microsoft's perspective, fixing the specific issue on their end may not be high priority given the numbers (and not everyone may be submitting the crash info back to Microsoft). So it's just more bad luck when it comes to this title.

It takes several parties to tango and not everyone in this business partnership served this franchise well.
    Ya know, they'd be smart to drop ALL publishers and just go full STEAM version and throw a few developers at it as a global edition ;p
    Lets look at Bless Online. Played the version on the JP client, AMAZING. Combat is MUCH better. I'm gonna drop all MMO's for it!! At least till Ashes of Creation drops then I'll be playing 2 mmo's.... we'll see how A:IR turns out. Bluehole better optimize it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2